Bloggy-
I wonder if anyone could identify all the random film/musical/literary quotes that I use to title you? Anyway, I gave the message at Grace and NCW today, and it went pretty well. We talked about Psalm 51 and 2 Corinthians 5 - I think the delivery was better at NCW (I was able to wear jeans with holes and my 1Life T-shirt) because I had time and didn't feel rushed by having to cram a bunch of stuff in. Anyhoo, I'm tired. My mom came up and we had lunch with two families from church, which leads to an interesting conversation I had with interesting consequences. One of hte families that came over for lunch works with kids at Riley Hospital who have cancer, and one of the families that they help has a dying daughter. Long story short, she was getting better, then got worse, she will die in the next month and then her family goes back to Kenya without her in her body. So tommorow I'm going to go to Indy and counsel this family on matters of death, talk to this little girl and prep her for eternity. Let me say, Bloggy, if you were ever considering stopping being a cyber entity and move into youth ministry, remember you'll tell a little girl she's going to die because she asked to see you. And then remember that you're going to tell her mom that her daughter is going to die and what that means. And remember, Bloggy, that death is always an enemy as much as we try to church it up - it sucks. Very much. Anyway, I'm sitting at Payne's realizing today would have been a glorious day to crawl up on a couch with my girlfriend and watch some chick flick that I secretly wanted to watch - and then I realized as I was reading the Zombie Survival Guide that she didn't exist. I hate rainy afternoons because I love them so much.
My room is almost clean. Almost. And I think that it's almost time for me to urinate. A lot. Like a drunk. Hmmm...a coffee drunk though. Anyway, have a great night kid.
Dr. J
Sunday, August 5, 2007
"Came down like fire from heaven"
Labels:
death,
life,
ministry,
parade,
Payne's Coffee and Custard,
preaching,
questions,
rainy sunday,
romance,
singleness,
weather,
Women,
work