Saturday, June 30, 2007

So it's been awhile bloggy, but here I am! To fill you in, I've been doing VBS all week, which has been crazy...in fact Krazy because as we both know, children are not my strong suite. Anyhoo, in the course of doing VBS I got to be the story teller and help with football - that was good. Yep. The music - well it was little kid music with that slight feel of "are we teaching these kids the aryan heresy?" For example, one of the lines in a particular song went something like "The Bible says that Jesus was a joyful human man!" Okay, there's a lot of debate to be had here, you throw in the Isaiah 53 passage (which any good Jew will tell you is about the sufferings of the nation of Israel, but we'll stick with the Catholic/Orthodox reading that it's about Jesus.) where it talks about Messiah being a "Man of Constant Sorrows" (and that can be taken a couple of ways), the discussion of if Jesus were Divine (which I strongly hold that He was...hence the capitilization of He)...so you see that at times my head was going to explode over 'minor' details like that. Oh, and some song that sounded just like "All Star" by that band...oh...I don't know...they did the Shrek soundtrack...anyway - yeah, it was the EXACT same song except there were a few changes like - well, let's just say that it was so minor that I'm glad I wasn't the one that had to worry about artistic originality!



Moving right along, last night was the Relay for Life and I 'volunteered' to walk from 2:00 am - 4:00 am. It wasn't so bad - and I really did volunteer. A bunch of middle schoolers who are in the orbit of the church were there and they pretty much moved as a herd - if one walked, they all walked. Man, what would've happened if one of them had taken the "Black Pill?" Scary! Anyway, I've decided that if I have one daughter, it's time to stop. Not that I have the ability to have children at this point, but when that comes up, yeah, stopping at one. The reason I say this is all I see is how sisters fight and I refuse- did you hear? - REFUSE to deal with that in my own home. If, by some cruel twist of fate (or divine Judgement) I do have two daughters...I'm putting one up for adoption. Probably the most annoying one. I'm just kidding...but seriously?

In other news, Samantha is pretty sick. I've tried some over the counter fuel system cleaner, but Idon't think that's going to do the trick this time around. She needs a doctor, so I'm taking her to the dealership on Monday and they're going to charge me $65 to tell me what's wrong and then offer to fix it for like $1000 more...did I mention that I, as a twenty something youth pastor who just started his job, don't have that kind of money? Oh well, I hear the devil is always buying souls, at least according to twentieth century musicians.

Let's see, I guess I'll avoid angry ranting about being single (or does this count as that?), but I will say that I miss a lot of my friends. Oh. :( Well, off to planning world dominiation (or a bonfire tonight, whatever....it's all the same, right?)